The purpose of Divergent Goalkeeping Academy is to offer age specific and functional training to all our goalkeepers to ensure that they make progress and maximize their developmental potential.
The goalkeeper plays a position that is highly specialized and requires specific attention to develop this unique skill-set much differently than outfield players which is needed to thrive at this position. There are four (4) areas that are required for a goalkeeper to master in order to be able absolutely thrive at this position. A goalkeeper must be technically sound and clean (technical), tactically smart (tactical), physically capable (physical), and mentally strong (psychological). In order for these four areas to be worked on, the training environment needs to be identified and established. In addition to specific goalkeeper training, the goalkeeper needs to be integrated and implemented into the team training atmosphere which will only assist in the development of the goalkeeper. Capabilities, comfort levels, collectiveness, tendencies, and habits are also established for the goalkeeper with respect to outfield players through regular team training.
Coaches with no goalkeeping experience can make suggestions to how the position should be played but can often give misguided information and lack the knowledge necessary to correct technical errors. This goal of this program is to ensure that the goalkeeper gets immediate feedback constantly after each training session to ensure that they are developing every session. We want our goalkeepers to ADVANCE to the NEXT LEVEL.
Growing up my whole life I've always had dreams, everyone has. A few those goals were to play college soccer (check), to graduate in four years (check), to obtain my master's degree (check), to be a college coach (check), to play professionally (check), and believe it or not - to start my own goalkeeping academy (check). Humbly, I can say that every dream/goal that I have set for myself I have achieved. With the help of a colony of people, mentors, teammates, and coaches alike it has brought me to where I am today as the founder and owner of Divergent Goalkeeping Academy. Doing this has been a dream come true for me and I am happy to be where I am today.
Write something about the people who make your business go or your philosophy behind customer service.
Why? Because people want to know who they're doing business with. It's a human thing.
Founder & CEO
USSF “E” License, USSF “D” License, NSCAA Goalkeeping Level 1 & 2
- Elm Grove Soccer Club Goalkeeping Coach (1 year)
- Director of Goalkeeping Development – FC Wisconsin (3 years)
- IU Camp Goalkeeping Coach (1 year)
- Director of Divergent Goalkeeping Academy (Current)
- Director of Goalkeeping – Croatian Eagles (Current)
- Camp Shutout Staff Assistant/Staff Member (Current)
- NCAA DIII - UW-Whitewater Men’s Soccer Assistant/Goalkeeping Coach (Current)
- Milwaukee Torrent - NPSL
- Croatian Eagles Soccer Club – U23’s
- Majors, & Premier League of America – Honorable Mention “Best of the West”
- Bavarians Soccer Club – NPLS
- UW-Whitewater – NCAA DIII
- NSCAA All-Region, All-State
- WIAC All-Conference, Team MVP
- Team Defensive POTY (twice)
- Team Captain
- 4th in school history for shutouts during career
- UW-Milwaukee – NCAA DI
- Started 6 games as a freshman (2-2-2)
- 2nd most saves by a goalkeeper in a game in program history (14)
- Elm Grove Soccer Club – U16-U18
B.A., in General Management – UW-Whitewater
M.S.E. in Athletic Administration